Work Smarter, Not Harder in 2020
Check-in and Networking: 11:30 am | Webinar: 11:45 am | Group Discussion: 12:45 pm
Join us for our first professional development program of the year at our new location! Bring your lunch of choice and listen to the just released PRSA National webinar presented by Michael Smart. Then gain productivity tips and tricks from fellow comm professionals during our group discussion, facilitated by Jan Howard, APR, Partner, NüPOINT Marketing.
Michael Smart has consulted for everyone from Fortune 20 companies to mid-sized PR agencies on how to get better communications results. Increasingly, the most urgent question his clients ask during his training sessions is: “How do I find the time I need to accomplish everything?” So he developed the first productivity and time management training specifically for PR pros. Hundreds have completed it successfully, and he’s now bringing it to PRSA.
Participants will learn:
- Scientific research that proves the conventional approach to day-to-day work in PR is the absolute opposite of what works best
- Empirical results previous PR pros have earned by implementing these proven techniques
- How to change others’ expectation of you from “responsive” to “effective”
- Specific phrasing for your emails and conversations with others to set boundaries in a way the builds respect, not annoyance
- Free or inexpensive software tools that shield you from incessant digital distraction
- Ways to create space for the creative side of your brain, which is why you got into PR anyway!
- Why these changes will mean BETTER service for your employer/clients
Webinar Presenter: Michael Smart, Principal, Michael SMARTPR
Michael Smart is the trainer and coach PR professionals turn to when they want to improve their communications results. He’s trained more than 10,000 communicators around the globe including teams at General Motors, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and many other organizations and agencies, large and small. His popular workshops sell out and he is regularly among the top-rated presenters at the PR conferences where he speaks.
Discussion Facilitator: Jan Howard, APR, Partner, NüPOINT Marketing
Jan has 30 years of experience in public relations, integrated marketing, media (from The Tulsa Daily World to Reuters), legislative advocacy, fund raising, risk management communications, employee communications and consumer relations. Nationally accredited in PR, Jan began her career in Washington, DC, as a lobbyist for an international oil firm, and then covered the industry as Oil & Gas editor for a major newspaper. She moved to Tucson in 1989 to lead the marketing launch of what is now known as the Sarver Heart Center for the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center. She joined Carondelet Health Network, Southern Arizona’s largest health care provider, leading marketing and public relations, including recruitment advertising and outreach. After 22 years of promoting health care services, Jan joined NüPOINT to apply her knowledge and expertise to other industry sectors. Jan was named Inside Tucson Business’s Woman of Influence – Mentorship in 2015. A past president of the Public Relations Society of American Tucson Chapter, and served on PRSA’s Western Region board.